It's amazing how many US laws don't make sense.
For instance, I thought it was weird that my marriage license application asked if we were “first cousins or closer”.
I mean, who would want to marry their first cousin?
Wouldn't remembering things like catching bats in the attic or gluing his lips to the wall “ruin the mood”?
I'd say so.
Anyway, I thought it might be fun to see exactly how many dumb laws there were.
Not surprisingly, most of them were about sex-what can be done (vaginal sex only), who can do it (married people) and how (missionary position).
I don't know why lawmakers felt the need to go out of their way to outlaw these things.
Then again, they've also made laws against taking a lion to the movies (Maryland) and trying to clone yourself (Arizona), so you never know.
To that end, here are some of the US laws I found that just don't make sense.
Since every state has its own brand of weird, I've gone through all 50.
I hope you don't mind.
-Incestuous marriages are legal.
-It's illegal to drive while blindfolded.
-It's against the law to marry an animal unless it is already related to you.
- 7 "Rules of Being a Lady" That Just Don't Make Sense ...
- 13 Laws around the World That Don't Make Sense ...
- 7 of America's Strangest Laws ...
- 21 Weird Laws in the United States That'll Make You Laugh ...
- Every Woman 💁🏻💁🏿💁🏼💁🏽 Will Understand These 17 Delicious 😋 Acts ...
- 17 Alternatives to Saying 💭, "I'm Fine" 😕 when You're Upset 😔 ...