Men hate it when you tell them you're fine when you're not. That's why you should think about expressing your feelings in a different way. Here are a few things that you can say the next time he asks you if you're okay:
1. Why Don’t You Take a Guess?
If he's asking you if you're okay, then he obviously knows that you're not. He's just asking a question he already knows the answer to.
2. I’m Fine - Fickle, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional
Instead of simply saying you're fine and then asking him to drop the conversation, you can explain what the word "FINE" stands for. In his mind, it means you're fickle, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.
3. I’m Waiting for an Apology
You might as well hit him with the truth. You're annoyed with him, and you aren't going to tell him why, but you are going to patiently wait for him to apologize.
4. I’m Better than You’ll Be Once I Decide to Tell You What’s Wrong
Once he finds out why you're upset, he's going to be even more distraught than you are.
5. Well, I’m Busy Planning My Side of the Argument We’re Going to Have Later
This will let him know for sure that he's done something wrong. With any luck, he'll be able to figure it out quickly, so he can plan his argument, too.
6. I’d Say I’m Fine, but then You’d Start to Whine
This is the cold hard truth, but at least it sounds cute and innocent, because you're rhyming.
7. You Better Figure It out, Unless You Want Me to Get Even Angrier
Don't you hate when you have to explain why you're angry? It's always better if your man can figure out what he did wrong all on his own.
8. Wait, You’re Not a Mind Reader?
Sometimes, he thinks you're a mind reader, so why wouldn't you think he's one, too?
9. I Would Be if You Started Behaving like a Good Boyfriend
This is the truth. You'd be fine if he would treat you right.
10. Define "okay"
This one will make it clear you're anything but "fine."
11. Hopefully Not as Good as I’ll Ever Be
After all, if this is as good as it gets, a breakup will be in his future.
12. I’m Not, Actually, but I’ll Pretend I Am to Maintain My “cool Girl” Status
This is the real reason why we say we're fine, isn't it? We don't want to look overly emotional.
13. You Wouldn’t Be Asking Me if I Was Okay Unless You Knew I Wasn’t
He won't have a good comeback for this one.
14. Of Course I’m Okay. Not like I Have Emotions or Anything
If he wants you to act like a robot, then you should play the part of one.
15. Do You Really Want Me to Answer That?
This will let him know he's in the doghouse.
16. I’m Happier than a Cat in a Room Full of Catnip
Make sure you say this sarcastically, so he realizes you're actually miserable.
17. You Already Know How I’m Feeling
There's no need to explain how you're feeling when he already knows you're upset.
If you use these alternatives, he'll miss the days when you told him you were fine. Do you find yourself saying, "I'm fine" a lot?