How often do you stay at hotels?
Once upon a time, it was a rare event for me, and definitely something worth looking forward to!
Working has meant that my stays are much more frequent now, and the hotels much less glamorous.
Hotels have almost become homes away from home – and with the hotel industry shooting up in value each year, it seems that is the case for a lot of us.
Unfortuantely, though, that leads to some shockingly bad behavior.
Here are the top mistakes that people make at hotels – avoid these, and the staff will love you all the more.
1. Asking for an Upgrade
Okay, so if you don’t ask, you don’t get.
Just imagine how often hotel staff are asked, though.
Clue: it’s a lot.
There are some situations where an upgrade is totally on the cards, such as if your room is unavailable, damaged or flooded when you check in.
Just feeling that you should get a better room isn’t a reason for an upgrade, and you risk annoying the staff if you push for one.
If you do want to give it a go, make sure you book by phone, dress very well, be extremely polite, and tip the desk staff.
It helps to be a member of the hotels’ loyalty scheme, too – if you’re not a member, you’ve got next to no chance.
- Don't Make These Miniature Eyeliner Mistakes Anymore ...
- The 17 Major Mistakes Virgo Women Make in Relationships 💏 ❤️ ...
- What Not to do on Your Period
- Mistakes 😖 It's Okay to Make 👍🏼 in Life 🌎 ...
- Don't Make These Embarrassing Blush Mistakes ...
- 17 Comebacks 💬 to Use when Talking 🔊 to Someone Stupid 😣 ...