Being short is pretty awesome most of the time. You can fit into neat places, you're a shoe-in for the first few rounds of limbo, and people always want to pat your head. However, if you're ... oh, let's say 5'3" or under, you know that the world is made for taller people and you've probably found yourself in some awkward, embarrassing situations that nonetheless make other people laugh. A lot.
1. Getting Caught Standing on the Counter
High cabinets are awful. What purpose do they even serve? Word of advice: always shove everything you never use in the high cabinets.
2. Getting Caught Standing on a Shelf at the Grocery Store
High shelves, man.
3. Basically, Getting Caught Standing on Anything
Maybe we should just start carrying around step stools and grabbers or something.
4. Drowning in Five Feet of Water
Stop asking us to go in the deep end so you can laugh as we desperately try to tread water.
5. Trying to Climb a Tall Chair
Or high-tops at restaurants. Or a large vehicle. Or a particularly tall toilet. You get the idea.
6. Trying to Get down Again
Especially when both butt cheeks are numb and your foot's asleep.
7. How We Look in Tall Chairs, Period
YES, MY LEGS DANGLE, ISN'T IT CUTE? I CAN'T FEEL MY FEET!
8. In Fact, Let's Address the Toilet Problem
Because the struggle is real.
9. Getting Caught in the Washing Machine
Happens to me daily. Nine years together, Heather still laughs.
10. Playing in the Snow
Not only is it embarrassing when your friends try to bury you, but your pants always get so wet.
11. Hugging Your Tall Girlfriends
Even when you very much enjoy boobs, faceplanting in someone's breasts is just awkward for everyone.
12. Faceplanting in Heels
Faceplanting in heels is worse, though. Especially since you're only wearing them in a bid to look taller.
13. Readjusting Your Car Seat in Front of Anyone
HAHAHA, I KNOW, I HAVE TO PULL MY SEAT UP SO CLOSE TO THE STEERING WHEEL! Seriously, though, driving while short is so uncomfortable.
14. Taking a Selfie with Taller Friends
They're hunching down, you're on your tiptoes, and everybody looks ridiculous. So at least there's that.
15. Getting Caught Looking into a Mirror like This
Raise your hand if this has happened to you. Higher.
16. Being Used as an ArmRest
Not cool, tall people. Not cool.