I don't know about you, but sometimes when I look at vintage pictures of well-dressed women, I almost wish I was born back then. But then I look at these horrendously sexist ads and heave a sigh of relief. So put on Queen Bee's "Run the World" and take a look at what was perfectly acceptable back in the day. It will amuse you and make you shudder at the same time!
Table of contents:
- take your vitamins...so you can work harder for your husband?!
- it's still all about what men think of us
- apparently having "middle-age" skin was a crime....
- talk about being a "douche"bag
- because men apparently smell like roses all the time?
- at first it seems harmless, but then...
- i don't even...
- no she wont, i can promise you that
- how is this okay?!
- did you say free booklet?
- i suppose this isn't very different from today's ads
- rolling my eyes so hard right now
- still? still?!!
- wow, being able to cook was a really big deal back then!
- this calls for a side eye
- here we go with the cooking again
- how charming
- what does your man's morning breath smell like?
- and finally....
1 Take Your Vitamins...so You Can Work Harder for Your Husband?!
2 It's STILL All about What Men Think of Us
3 Apparently Having "middle-age" Skin Was a Crime....
4 Talk about Being a "douche"bag
5 Because Men Apparently Smell like Roses All the Time?
7 At First It Seems Harmless, but then...
8 I Don't Even...
9 No She Wont, I Can Promise You That
10 How is This Okay?!
11 Did You Say Free Booklet?
12 I Suppose This Isn't Very Different from Today's Ads
13 Rolling My Eyes so Hard Right Now
14 STILL? STILL?!!
16 Wow, Being Able to Cook Was a Really Big Deal Back then!
17 This Calls for a Side Eye
18 Here We Go with the Cooking Again
19 How Charming
20 What Does Your Man's Morning Breath Smell like?
21 And Finally....
Please rate this article